Reviewing your IP portfolio
Asset Identification and Auditing
Intellectual Property (IP) encompasses many different forms - from know-how through to registered forms of intellectual property such as patents and trademarks.
The importance and value of these different types of intellectual property vary depending on the business sector and type of organisation. An intellectual property audit can help you to capitalise on the potential benefits of your intellectual property assets and extract their full value.
Identifying, monitoring, valuing intellectual property assets facilitates more informed decisions when it comes to:
- Acquiring other intellectual property assets
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Use of intellectual property as collateral
- Cost reduction
IP Pragmatics can help you identify the full breadth of your organisation's intellectual property assets.
Our technical, business and legal expertise in intellectual property helps you to identify:
- Status and scope of both unregistered and registered intellectual property across a project or organisation
- Ownership and control of your intellectual property assets, identifying issues that exist or may arise
- Patentability and validity of unregistered or pending applications
- The strength of your registered intellectual property in terms of: the level of patent activity in the field, the ability to work around a patent, and to police its use.
We carry out intellectual property audits and patent audits in the context of your individual organisation and business field, and bring this together with relevant market business information to value your intellectual property assets.
Link to Case Study