Virtual IP Team: IP Management and Strategy Support
Three advantages of a Virtual IP Team:
- In-house relationship. Outside perspective - Our dedicated IP managers take the time to understand our clients’ businesses and support and drive their IP and commercial activities. They can liaise with inventors and patent attorneys as well as manage licensees and collaborations. They are supported by the rest the IP Pragmatics team, with access to the to the full breadth of expertise and networks our company has to offer.
- Reduce your capital expense – We offer as much or as little support as you need as you grow and maintain your IP portfolio. We also have ready access to IP and market databases so you don’t have to invest heavily in resources.
- Instant results – Our IP managers are highly-experienced in identifying and carrying out a range of IP related tasks for companies in different industries and stages of development.
Useful for companies with or without in-house IP knowledge
For those with no in-house IP expertise, our virtual IP team offers the opportunity to strengthen a company’s IP position and give confidence to their investors and collaborators. The team is already trained and ready and there is no unnecessary expense.
More established SMEs or startups may already have in-house IP staff that are overwhelmed with ongoing tasks or require support outside of their area of expertise.
Either way, our goal is to ensure our clients’ IP management needs and commercialisation strategy are not stalled or postponed.
We can offer a combination of different IP related services from traditional IP management and competitive intelligence, through to the design and implementation of a new IP strategy. The following are examples of some specific tasks carried out by our virtual IP team:
- Prior art searching and patent watches
- Patent landscaping
- Co-ordination between inventors and external patent attorneys
- Freedom to operate analysis
- IP portfolio and data management
- IP renewals and annuities
- IP systems support
- Advice on IP terms in contracts and agreements